How to remove nail polish stains
You love nail art, right? And you always succeed to spill a nail polish. Nail polish stains can be really stubborn. Sometimes it is really difficult to remove nail polish stains from your clothing, carpets or furniture. Here are our advices how to effectively remove nail polish stains from your carpets or upholstery furniture.
1. The first thing you should know about the nail polish stains is that you have to be as quick as you can. It will come out easier if you start to remove it while it is not dry out yet. And before you apply any product, don’t forget to make a little test on the bottom of the carpet. Some product can damage the carpet’s fibers. If you spill a nail polish on the furniture, first make a test on the place that is not visible. If you see that the product is damaging or discoloring the fabric, don’t apply it on the stain. It will become worst.
2. The first thing you can do is to take your nail polish remover and pour some on the stain. Don’t rub it, because you will make the stain bigger. Just try to blot it carefully and the stain will start to come out a little. After that take a towel and start to soak the liquid.
3. Use rubbing alcohol. Apply it on the stain and gently soak it with a towel. And again – don’t rub, because you will spread the stain around.
4. If the stain is old, moist the area with hairspray. Apply it a couple of times. If the surface is light, you can use Hydrogen Peroxide. It might have blenching effect, so it is really important to apply it only on light surfaces.
5. When you finish with the cleaning and the stain is gone, wash the area with soap water. We can advise you to wash the whole carpet or the whole upholstery, because the place you just cleaned will be lighter and easy to notice.
Remember that all types of materials are different by structure and they need different methods to be cleaned. If you want to be sure that the stains will completely disappear, you better hire professional cleaning service. They will use professional machinery and products to remove the nail polish stains no matter how big is the stain. Contact our professional carpet cleaners in London and upholstery cleaners in London.